The EU FLEGT Facility works in several Asian countries. Some are in the process of negotiating a Voluntary Partnership Agreement on Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) with the European Union (EU). Others are implementing such an Agreement. One of these implementing countries, Indonesia, has started issuing FLEGT licences to verified legal products it exports to the EU.
The EU and China work together to combat illegal logging and associated trade globally through the Bilateral Coordination Mechanism (BCM) on Forest Law Enforcement and Governance.
Myanmar is in dialogue with the EU on FLEGT.
- EU and China agree on their 2018 cooperation under the BCM 26.03.2018
- Study identifies options for legal timber legislation in China 01.03.2018
- Indonesia and the EU release 2016 annual report on VPA progress 14.12.2017
- Ghana visits Indonesia to learn FLEGT licensing lessons 14.12.2017
- Indonesia shipped verified legal timber worth more than 1 billion euros to EU in first year of FLEGT licensing 14.12.2017
Timber Legality Assurance workshops
- Event page of workshop in Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2018
- Event page of workshop in Jakarta, Indonesia, 2016
- Event page of workshop in Vientiane, Laos, 2014
- Summary report of workshop in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2013
- Summary report of workshop in Sabah, Malaysia in 2011
- Summary report of workshop in Hanoi, Vietnam in 2010