There is a number of countries currently negotiating FLEGT Voluntary Partnership Agreements (VPAs) with the European Union. Use the menu on the left to find more information about these processes in the Asian countries.
EFI’s EU FLEGT Asia Regional Support Programme (‘ FLEGT Asia’) operates in the region and regularly carries out FLEGT information missions to Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar/Burma, Vietnam and Thailand.
- 14.05.2013 Thailand to start VPA negotiations with the EU (News)
- 22.04.2013 Independent evaluation of Indonesia’s legality assurance system gets underway (News)
- 18.03.2013 5th Joint Experts Meeting held in Malaysia (News)
- 28.02.2013 Meetings and workshops held in Vietnam to support VPA progress (News)
- 11.02.2013 Clarification on EU-Indonesia timber trade regulations (News)
- 06.02.2013 Asia Pulp and Paper changes timber sourcing policy (News)
- 29.01.2013 4th Joint Expert Meeting held in Malaysia (News)
- 25.01.2013 Indonesia and the EU adopt new timber trade legality rules in a move expected to boost bilateral timber trade (News)
- 23.01.2013 Vietnamese NGOs report on public consultations on the draft legality definition (News)
- 26.11.2012 Workshop in preparation for VPA negotiations held in Lao PDR (Focus on Laos)