Media room Indonesia
This media room focuses on the Indonesia-EU Voluntary Partnership Agreement (VPA), which aims to promote trade in legal timber and timber products and improve governance in the forest sector.
Here you can find news, background information, multimedia resources, official documents and experts to interview. For media enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VPA status: Indonesia and the EU have both ratified the VPA and are now overseeing implementation of the agreement. On 15 November 2016, Indonesia began issuing FLEGT licences to verified legal timber products it exports to the EU.
- Southeast Asia marks progress in combating illegal timber trade 04.01.2017
- EU and Indonesia hail milestone in partnership against illegal logging 07.12.2016
- Indonesia and EU launch FLEGT licensing for legal timber to combat illegal logging 15.11.2016
- The wait is over. FLEGT licences are coming 15.09.2016
- FLEGT licence information point launches 15.09.2016